Millinocket celebrates 117 years
The town was incorporated on March 16, 1901 by an act of the Legislature and the approval of Gov. Hill. With its incorporation, Millinocket became the 467th town in Maine. The name Millinocket means “land of many islands.” Photo is from 1950s Millinocket Chamber of Commerce brochure.
For more history on the town and region, visit our history page: http://millinocket.org/visitors/history/