Millinocket Town Office Closed Until Further Notice
In light of the current concern regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Town of Millinocket town office will be closed immediately until further notice.
How can residents of Millinocket obtain a Vital Record if the Town of Millinocket is closed? (Birth, Death or Marriage Certificates):
- Send written request by mail to:
Maine Department of Health and Human Services
Department of Vital Records
11 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333-0011
- Call Vital Check and prepare to pay with Credit Card over the phone -Toll Free: 1 (888) 664-9491 or/ (207) 287-1910
- Office lobby hours are apt to change daily (Current Lobby Hours: 8am-4pm)
- The Town of Millinocket can accept applications with proper identification via mail only until further notice. Note: mail processing only on Fridays.
How can residents of Millinocket or Marriage Officiants File Intentions or Obtain/File a Marriage License if the Town of Millinocket is Closed?
- Residents or officiants looking to file/obtain intentions or licenses in the residents’ Town currently closed to the public can file in the next available Town. (i.e. East Millinocket if they are not closed to the public, Medway if East Millinocket is closed and so on).
Can residents acquire permits from the Town Office at this time?
- The Town of Millinocket will not be issuing any permits until further notice.
How to Re-register Motor Vehicles, Atvs, Boats, and Game Licenses:
- A resident of Millinocket can go to Maine.Gov Rapid Renewal site, any IF&Wildlife Agent to obtain or visit Maine.Gov site for further links and information on how to.
- Many smaller Agencies are available to process atv re-registrations or game licenses only (i.e. convenience stores in the tri-town area or find list of agents on the maine.gov site)
- The Town of Millinocket is accepting and processing mail on Fridays only. Residents can mail copies of:
- Current registration (or note with plate number)
- Proof of insurance (pertaining to Motor Vehicle only)
- Self-addressed stamp with a return envelope to the town office
- Payment (if looking to pay by credit card, include contact information (so the clerk can call you on Friday)
- Note: Request Registration amount ahead of time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-723-7000 Ext 5 for the Town Manager.